Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Verses for Anxiety.

I'm not extremely religious and never really have been. But religion is all around me. My mom, my grandma, and my great grandma are/were very religious, but not the closed-minded type. Just the hopeful type that there's something else out there beyond this place. The religious type that puts their worries with God, in hopes that he can help out.
I've always been curious about the bible and tried reading it like a book while I was in middle school, lets just say that didn't really work. It isn't just a book, there's way more to it. Now that I know that as you read you must take the time to understand by analyzing, I feel I am ready to read it. A few weeks ago I found myself looking at the once a day bibles in the religion section at Barnes and Noble. I think I am going to open up a bit and see if maybe God can somehow help with my anxiety, depression, and daily issues of life. Maybe he will be able to help me through it all, or make it somewhat easier. I have always been the type of person that believed you didn't need to church to believe, and I think I'll keep believing that, but I do want to open up a bit to religion.
Recently I googled "Verses of the bible that help with anxiety" and I am thrilled with what I found. I'll include the link, so maybe some of you out there can read these and maybe it will be of some help. http://www.openbible.info/topics/anxiety_and_depression It is incredible that there is a little of everything in the bible that can help everyday situations. I hope you all have a good rest of the week, thanks for listening. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment